How To Disable Google+ Instant Upload
Once you start playing around with Google+, I am guessing that one of the first questions you will ask is, How to disable Google+ Instant Upload?
With all the changes and updates that Google+ is coming out with, I of course added the Google+ application to my phone. It was pretty shocking when I logged in a few minutes ago and saw not so flattering pictures of me making funny faces with my dog to make a friend laugh driving to work this morning. I knew I taken the picture, but my first thought was, “OH MY GOODNESS, how did that picture get on my profile? ….and I certainly didn’t want the entire world seeing it.
What is Google+ Instant Upload?
Facebook rolled out the instant upload application not so long ago as well, where you have the option of allowing all the pictures you take with your phone to upload to your profile. This option when I first saw it scared me to death until I read the tiny caption that said the folder was private until you chose otherwise. Google+ has done the same thing. Now the folder is indeed private until you change the settings but I knew immediately I didn’t want this option at all. Many people might use this application but I of course did not want as an option AT ALL! 🙂
To get rid of the upload all together, all you have to do is follow these simple steps:
1. Go to the Google+ app on your phone.
2. Select Settings.
3. Turn off or uncheck instant upload
4. If you would like to use the application, you can choose whether the photos load in a wifi area or anywhere. ( Yeah no, not something I want to have, private album or not lol)
How to Turn off Photo Syncing on Facebook
For the steps to turn off the same application in Facebook, follow these steps:
You can turn photo syncing off from your phone.
- Open the Facebook app and tap the top-left main menu
- Scroll to the bottom and select Account > App Settings > Sync Photos
- Choose Don’t sync my photos
iPhone or iPad
- Open the Facebook app and go to your timeline
- Tap Photos
- At the bottom, tap Synced
- Tap the gear icon and choose Turn off Photo Sync
- Tap Don’t sync my photos
It is that simple. Of course wait till you calm down like I had to do so that you are able to find the settings screens. It was funny to think about the possibility of all those pictures of me being seen testing outfits or random “just for me” pictures, or like this morning funny faces to my friends. I guess this feature will be great for some people. Personally, I like to choose what I upload just in case. 🙂