How Google+ Pages and Google+ Profiles Are Different
Google+ is becoming more and more popular and many people ask me the differences between Google+ Pages and Google+ Profiles. There are some differences and before you decide to start your accounts, you should be aware of what those differences are.
Your Google+ profile is all about you. It is showcases your life, your family, your friends and what you do on a daily basis. Your Profile contains circles. The circles contain people that you have added to specific circles that you create and also circles that people have added you to. You can change, create or delete your circles at any time. The circles are much like the list feature on Facebook.
Your personal profile also contains a +1 button. This button is your personal recommendation of pages across the web. You can use the +1 button to share different content with your different circles of friends or publicly. When you +1 any content, this button will turn red to confirm that you’ve recommended the page, and your +1 will be added to the +1’s tab of your profile. This is where you can manage all your +1’s and decide whether you want to publicly display the +1’s tab.
Now Google+ Pages are for businesses, products, brands or anyone who wants a public presence on Google+. Pages can be created for a variety of categories such as:
1. Product or Brand
2. Company or Organization
3. Local Business
4. Arts, Entertainment or Sports
These Business pages will act very similar to that of Google+ profiles. They can add people to circles, share +1, they can comment or add photos and they can also start hangouts. There are some differences with these these pages as well.
How Google+ Pages and Profiles are Different
Google+ Pages are almost the same as Google+ profiles but there are definitely some differences that people should be aware of.
- First a Google+ Page can not be added to a circle until the page is added or mentioned first. So when you start your page, be sure to share it with people who will mention it on other pages so that you can have your pages added to all of your followers circles.
- Next Pages can be made for different businesses or purposes where Profiles can only be made for people.
- Your Pages can have multiple administrators. This will help manage your page as it grows.
- Pages can’t “hangout” on a mobile device.
- Pages can’t play games. Sorry you’ll have to use your profile for that. 🙁
- Pages have the +1 button
- Pages can’t +1 other pages, and they can’t +1 stuff on the web but they can +1 things in side Google+
So it all boils down to Your Google+ Profile should be all about you! Your Google+ Page should be all about your business and then don’t forget about Google+ Communities where you get a common group of people chatting about a common interest. If you are just getting started, start with your Google+ Profile page and familiarize yourself with Google+. I think you’ll find that Google+ is a fun place to hang out.
Do you have a Google+ Profile or a Google+ Page? Post it below, I’d love to connect with you and share a CIRCLE! Check out our Social Super Girl Page Here!