Social Media has completely changed the way the Direct Sales industry works now. Every aspect of how we run our business has a huge piece reliant on how we communicate with people and that is predominately through Social Media. The first thing most people do when they wake up is check their Facebook or Instagram accounts. This is a big deal. Social Media has forever altered how we run our Direct Sales businesses and how we interact with our customers, hostesses and team member.
One of the first things new consultants do when they join a direct sales business is set up their Facebook Business page right? That means having a direct sales social media strategy is a must in this day and age.
Having a strategy is going to help you build relationships with people and it is critical to building a strong customer base and team that you can communicate quickly with. What once had to be knock at the door or dialing of a rotary phone is now a username and password and you are chatting away with customers or team members all across the world.
Social Media Strategy Steps
1. First you must create a Social presence. Decide which platforms will be supported in your particular business.
Your social presence is basically you in the digital format. It should represent what it would be like for any team member, hostess or customer to interact with you in real life. You must use all versions of content. Create text, video, images and really connect with the people following you.
Show them an inside piece of you life or you business. Let them get to know the real you. When choosing your platforms, you need to think about how you can reach as many people as possible. The main platforms that I am active are Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and You Tube, but I also make sure I have a presence on Linked in and Twitter.
Each platform is going to have its own specific ways that work in order to connect with people, so be sure you get really good at one before you decide to add another.
2. Use Email Marketing. This is probably one of the tips that people miss the mark on. Most companies will prepare a monthly newsletter that all consultants get. You really need to go beyond this and build your email list. Create newsletters that are from you specifically. Some of our favorite sites to use are www.smore.com, www.mailchimp.com, or www.constantcontact.com.
We use these to send out private specials, reasons to join my team, connection emails or just a thank you for supporting my business. You can personalize them with your customers name and really make them feel like you care about having them as a connection. Keep building that email list. That is YOUR customers and it is crucial to keep adding to it on a daily basis.
3. It is important in your direct sales social media strategy to determine who you are. You need to create your brand. Get people to recognize you online. It is more than just having a Facebook Business page. Do you have a personal URL? What colors are you specifically using? Are you using a personalized email address? What look will you use across all your platforms? Do you have a really good picture of you that is uniform across all your social media platforms as well as your website?
People can easily recognize me by my nickname Jilleysue. In the direct sales industry, it just kind of works but I am the only Jilleysue on line and it is easily remembered. I also am known for my puppies, my love of flip flops and of course wine. Kimberly is known for involving her adorable kids in her business, her teal and of course her creativity. Figure what you really love and work it into your branding. Make yourself memorable. Take a look at our platforms like Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to see what I mean.
4. Do you have a direct sales social media schedule? Yes you must. It doesn’t have to be set in stone, but you really need to have an idea of where you are posting or more importantly where you are going LIVE every single day. You must must must plan this out. Even if that means a rough sketch of where you will be and what you want to talk about on each page, group or platform. I usually do a rough idea list every single morning or on Sunday nights and then as things pop up, I add them in. Some interaction days are set in stone, but some days I know I simply want to show up and get my community involved.
The key is to go back and really interact and build relationships with the people who have landed on your pages.
5. Videos will grow your interaction fast. I know when I say video most of you cringe but truly, get over the fear and start recording or going LIVE. Nothing moves our insights more than showing up live on our platforms. Videos will help you and your business be found 5 times quicker than anything else you post on line. Plan a day, record a bunch of videos. Save them and them upload based on the schedule that you choose.
Or…set your LIVE schedule each week. Determine theme days and go live each day about a topic in that category. Just show your face, it matters.
Consistency is key. If people know when your videos will show up, they will be looking for them. Publish your own original content and let people really get to know the real you.
6. Plan how you are going to attack creating your own original content. It is simply not enough to share other people’s content. Lets’ be honest, there are thousands of consultants. If your company posts a post, probably half of those consultants are all positing the same graphic at the same time. Post personal pictures and then use websites like Picmonkey and Canva to quickly create your own graphics with your website address on them. Once these get shared, they are original and will drive people back to your website, not someone elses.
What YOUR Direct Sales Social Media strategy involve?
There is a lot more to planning your direct sales social media attack. These initial steps will get you started. What most people do not understand is that to create your online presence and stay consistent is no easy task. Most consultants who are successful have really made it a point to understand how important a social media plan is and have taken the time to know exactly what they are going to do in each area.
It amazes me how times have changed and how important this part is to a direct sales consultants business. I would highly recommend that you start with one platform and learn how it works inside and out before moving on to a second one. It is much better to show up completely in one place than only 10% in 5 or 6 places.
Once you start with these steps, you will see how quickly people begin to associate you with your direct sales business. Your team and customer base will grow and you will start to finally see your business become very solid. Start planning your direct sales social media strategy today and let know what works for you. We can’t wait to hear all about it.
For more social media tips or to check out information on our premium mastermind, visit the Brand Boss Girls on our Facebook page so we can chat more. We go LIVE after single day with tips, tricks and motivation to help you in your business… plus we have a little fun too 🙂