Want a good reason to start using Instagram Stories on a daily basis? Well I will give more than one. How about 250 million? That is how many people use Instagram Stories DAILY! WHAT? Crazy right?
It is hard to believe that this feature is relatively new, but Instagram stories is showing people that is is a game changer in the social media world. So, if you haven’t started using it to help tell the story of your brand, then I highly recommend that you start.
Instagram Stories are an amazing way to give your brand life. If you you haven’t noticed yet (and you should), your fans and followers are not interacting on your marketing flyers or your promo graphics. They just don’t. But when you give people a sneak peek with a 15 second video in your world, the insights are astounding. Instagram stories gives your audience a front row seat in to your life and they can really get an idea of what your brand is all about.
The problem that comes up quiet frequently when we are coaching our clients is that they just don’t know how to use Instagram stories, so they just end up posting random content.
Instagram Stories is really a great way for you to showcase who you are, get creative and have fun. Below are some great ideas of things you can share with your audience that will really give them an idea of who you are. When you show what you and your brand are all about, this allows people to really connect with you and in turn keep tuning in for whatever you are sharing.
- Use Polls: Polls are great because not only are they are a lot of fun, you can use them to your advantage. Ask lots of cool questions to get your audience interacting. Get feedback on new products, life changes, event options. The possibilities are endless.
- Make your life a story: The best way to get people to connect with you and your story is to add to it consistently. Now we don’t mean snapping a photo of every step you take but every couple hours or so, when you start a new task, document. Show your followers behind the scenes with you.
- Share where you are: Use the location sticker to show your followers where you are and what you are up to. This works great when you are at an event, conference or stadium. People love to know what you are doing and where you are going.
- Keep It Real Sister: You don’ t have to be perfect and you don’t have to have the perfect pose or perfect flat lay. People would rather see how you put things together, how you do something, a tip, and idea. By keeping your content real, you allow people to get a REAL glimpse in your life and that allows them to connect with you. Pick a topic weekly or daily and talk about it. You never know who will relate to that exact same topic.
- Share Behind The Scenes: Make your followers feel like they are getting an exclusive sneak peek. It makes them feel special. They truly feel like they know you and you are a part of their life.
- Promote Something: We don’t just mean your products. Talk about a speaker, a book, a place you love. What new products are you using? What is your new favorite drink? Share the love and be an influencer.
- Send people back to your Instagram. Yes don’t let them forget that you are still posting photos on your Instagram account with great content. Snap a photo of your IG feed with the post covered and tell them to go check it out.
- Tell your Why: Share why you do what you do. Why did you start your business? What is your goal? Again another way people will be able to identify to your story.
These are just a few great ways to get your Instagram Stories moving. Your every day posts will last 24 hours unless you add them to your HIGHLIGHTS. Check out my video on how to create IG highlights here. These will last until you delete them but make sure everything you are keeping is up date and make sense. You don’t want stories from a year ago telling people to go see a LIVE on another platform. Keep it relevant and consistent and people will keep coming back to see just what you are up to.
Be sure to follow Kimberly and I on Instagram. We love to showcase our behind the scenes and pop in some tips and ideas for you in there 🙂